Monday, June 19, 2006

Reflection of Our English Class

Today's class
"Lost article~speak to a person, ask again and express one's thanks~(p.40-41)"

Warm up
First, we did a warm up by using the phrases;

"what's your name?" & "I'm ~."
After that, students did it in a rows. They asked the students' name who sit behind and after that, they did it in reverse.

Introduction of today's key phrases

Today's key phrases were these phrases;
Mike: Excuse me.
Sarah: Yes?
Mike: Is this your charge?
Sarah: Pardon?
Mike:Your charge.
Sarah: Oh, my charge! Thank you.
Mike: You're welcome.

To teach these key phrases, we did a role play.
After that, we practiced it whole class, divide the class into two and pairs again and again.

Challenge activities (as a consolidation)
Finally, we did challenge activities.
We introduced the new three words, "book", "pen", and "ruler". And in the activity, students practiced it (at least three) by using the new words.

In my opinion, the last activities were good, for, it's practical. Repeating key phrases were important but boring. I think the most important thing in English learning is to improve English comunication skills. Unfortunately, I mistaught "change" for "charge". So it's not my day. However, we did our best in a limited time.

By the way, our group was in trouble thinking about warm up; there were no proper activities connects with today's activities. Indeed what we did was good for Ice-Breaking. Anyway, we ought to do warm-up something connects to new materials.

So if you have any ideas, please tell us!

3 comments:

fantasista said...

Hi!
I was really enjoyed your lesson.
I think "warm-up" was very good to activate our brains. I also think we don't have to connect "warm-up"
with the next parts. "warm-up"
is stretch before your exercise. So, this lesson's "warm-up" was good, I think.

JH said...

Pinch Hitter,
Did you get any ideas for warm-up from Mr. M's lecture?
JH

Maruchan said...

Hi,JH. Welcome to my blog.
Of course I got MANY GOOD ideas from Mr.M's lectures.