Friday, April 28, 2006

"An Analysis of My Language Learning Experience"

1) My most enjoyable language learning experience has been Mr. Blair’s lectures (English speaking 1). His lecture was so unique. We had many exams and assignments, but it’s really to the point. Sometimes we had a class under the tree (near the entrance of gakusei center).
He always encouraged us “Try, try, try.”
Through the lecture we really enjoyed learning English.
Maybe whoever has taken his lecture agree with my opinion.

And Mr. Kato’s French lecture was also great!
He taught us not only French but also cultures.
These two lectures were really fantastic!


2) My least enjoyable activity has been study for entrance examinations.
In a sense, it’s important for us to make our dreams come true.
However, some students were apt to think only scores.

What are they learning? It’s strange!


3) My most valuable activity has been United Nations Global Seminar in Morioka last year. We discussed sustainable societies in English.

It was the first time for me to discuss only in English, I really had a difficulty time.
However, the discussion waked me to improve my English skill.


4) My least enjoyable (valuable?) activity has been ESS in Iwate University.
I belonged the club when I was a freshman. I really wanted to improve my English skill.
However, I was disappointed the club's activities. It's out of the question.

(Please keep it pravate!)

I think that the most important thing is “Enjoy English to our heart’s content”.


5) In general my language learning experience has been…. (why?)
Not enough. Though we have learned English for many years, most of the activities were for entrance exams, such as grammar, not communication itself.
So we should experience communicational activities in early stages.


6)What kind of influence do you think your language learning experience will have on your teaching?

When it comes to teaching English, we are apt to think only exams.
However, it' s quite boring.So, in my opinion, enjoyable activities will be the best.
For example, through the class, we enjoy singing English songs, learning other cultures, and playing games, etc.
I hope that everyone can enjoy English all there life by listening to western music. watching western movies, talking in English and so on.





1 comment:

fantasista said...

I also think Mr.Blair's class is very useful. I always keep "try try try" in mind when I speak English.